Located the southern coast of Cyprus, Larnaca is the insland’s second largest commercial and an important tourist resort. Larnaca International Airport, the largest airport in the island, lies on the outskirts of the city. Larnaka is famous for its picturesque seafront.
Places to visit:
• Larnaca District Archaeological Museum – Displaying finds dating from the Neolithic age to the Roman period
• Pierides Museum -- Remarkable private collection by Demetrios Pieridis and his family
• Kition -- One of the most important ancient city-kingdoms
• Tenta -- One of the most important Neolithic settlements
• Lefkara – A picturesque village
• Angeloktisti Church -- Built by the Angels
• Royal Chapel -- One of the most interesting structures surviving from the Frankish Period
• Stavrovouni Monastery -- Perched on a rocky peak
• Hala Sultan Tekke -- The fourth most important Muslim place of pilgrimage on the planet
Larnaca has abundant sunshine all year round. Summer is very dry and hot with cloudless, while the sea breeze creates a pleasant atmosphere in the coastal areas. Winters are mild, with some rain and snow.