Kristiansand is a city, municipality and the county capital of Vest-Agder county in Southern Norway. Kristiansand municipality is the 6th largest in Norway with a population of 80,109 as of 1 January 2009. The Kristiansand urban area, entirely located in the municipality, had a population of 64,930 on 1 January 2006, and is thus the 8th largest urban area in Norway.
Kristiansand and the Agder counties usually have a lot of summer sunshine compared to most of Norway. There may be heavy snowfall in winter with south-southeasterly winds (snow record at Kjevik is 170 cm), but the snow rarely stays long at the coast; see climate.
Things to See & Do
* Fiskebrygga (Fish market)
* Kristiansand Dyrepark (Kristiansand Zoo and Amusement Park)
* Posebyen (Kristiansand's old town)
* Ravnedalen (Ravens' Valley) - a lovely park
* Kristiansand Cannon Museum